Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Legalixa is an award-winning immigration law firm in Istanbul, Turkey with an exceptional success rate in almost every legal matter we have ever handled. Our attorneys are prepared to handle buying, selling, and leasing of residential & commercial properties in Turkey and provide other services related to Turkish real estate law.
Our Turkish real estate law lawyers aggressively represent individuals, family-owned businesses, and corporations in all aspects of real estate law, including acquisition, developing, leasing, financing, and selling real estate in Turkey.
Turkish Real Estate Law & Lawyers
Legalixa Turkish real estate law attorneys have represented buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, and lenders. We have also represented numerous developers on a wide range of development projects, including cluster homes, residential subdivisions, industrial facilities and parks, multi-tenant office buildings, shopping facilities, and hotels.
Legalixa Turkish real estate law lawyers advise clients on all aspects of their projects, including the determination of the development vehicle to use, the initial assembly of the property, obtaining local municipality approvals for permits and zoning, construction of the project, and ultimate sale or lease of the development.
Our Turkish real estate law lawyers have significant experience in negotiating and drafting construction and land acquisition contracts, as well as handling land use and zoning matters, right of way, and other property acquisitions in Turkey.
Real Estate Purchase by Companies
Trading companies are allowed to purchase real estate in Turkey within the limits of special statutes. The restrictions for foreign natural persons also apply to foreign trading companies. Associations, foundations, cooperatives, and funds are not permitted to purchase real estate.
According to Turkish Law No. 2565, Article 9 (b) property which is located in a military area or a security zone may not be purchased by foreigners. The registry of deeds proves whether the real estate is located in such an area. This may cause significant delays because no registration in the cadastre may be done while the proving procedure is going on.
Real Estate Purchase Services
- Discuss Client concerns and issues with the Client.
- Draft or review the offer, and purchase contract.
- Discuss or negotiate the offer or contract with the Developer or the Developer’s lawyer.
- Prepare up to two sets of revisions or responses to counteroffers, if necessary.
- Review the information provided by the developer (if the property is off-plan).
- Check whether the house is free of charge and/or rented out (if the property is a second-hand home).
- Check whether the Real Estate Tax payments are in good standing.
- Check the local Municipality whether the Developer has all the necessary licenses.
- Accompany you to the Title Deed Office in order to sign the purchase and sale deed.
- Change the property title in the Cadastral office.
- Process Client stamp duty tax on your behalf.
- Getting the documents translated and notarized.
- Applying for the Turkish Tax Id Number.
- Assistance for opening a bank account in Turkey.
Property Management Services
After we completed your property purchase, we can provide the below services;
- Register your property with the local Municipality to pay the annual Environmental and Garbage Collection Tax.
- Arrange a real estate agent to list your property to lease.
- To sign a lease contract with your tenant.
- To make sure the tenant is paying rent on time.
- If the tenant is not paying rent on time, we will send him/her a warning letter.
- If it is needed, we can file a lawsuit to evict the tenant.
- To observe if the tenant is paying monthly dues to the management.
Reach us for Turkish Real Estate Law Lawyers
Since its foundation, Legalixa Law Firm has been the choice of numerous clients in Turkey. We’ve always worked differently than other law firms. We are committed to remaining forward-thinking and preparing for the dynamically changing world of real estate law.