Legalixa Law Firm is one of the leading Turkish real estate law firms with a long record of excellence and professional leadership in Istanbul, Turkey. Our Turkish real estate lawyers are prepared to assist you for property purchase in Turkey. We perform services for property purchase in Turkey for foreign clients. Our services include legal preparation before buying a real estate. We check whether the real estate tax payments are in good standing, check the local municipality whether the property has all necessary licenses. Finally, we help and represent clients regarding the sale of their real estate in Turkey.
Services for Property Purchase in Turkey
We perform legal services for making an investment and getting a conformity certificate for the investment to apply for Turkish citizenship. Once the investment step is completed, we will apply for residency for the main applicant. After that we will prepare citizenship file for the main applicant and his/her spouse and kids. An English-speaking attorney will help the client to get finger printing and apply for Turkish ID card and passport. Turkish passport and ID card will be mailed to our office address.
Real Estate Purchase by Companies
Trading companies are allowed to purchase real estate in Turkey within the limits of special statutes. The restrictions for foreign natural persons also apply to foreign trading companies. Associations, foundations, cooperatives and funds are not permitted to purchase real estate.
According to Turkish Law No. 2565, Article 9 (b) property which is located in a military area or a security zone may not be purchased by foreigners. The registry of deeds proves whether the real estate is located in such an area. This may cause significant delays because no registration in the cadastre may be done while the proving procedure is going on.
Turkish Citizenship with Real Estate
We do perform Turkish citizenship services with investment options, however Turkish Citizenship Laws becoming more complex each and every day. We have extensive experience in immigration law in Turkey and we have obtained more than 400 passports. We have successfully represented clients from Iran, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Egypt, Tunis, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, Macao, China, Djibouti, USA and we know how to get required paperwork done in each country.
Real Estate Purchase Services
- Discuss Client concerns and issues with Client.
- Draft or review the offer, purchase contract.
- Discuss or negotiate the offer or contract with the Developer or the Developer’s lawyer.
- Prepare up to two sets of revisions or responses to counteroffers, if necessary.
- Review the information provided by the developer (if the property is off-plan).
- Check whether the house is free of charges and/or rented out (if the property is a second-hand home).
- Check whether the Real Estate Tax payments are in good standing.
- Check the local Municipality whether the Developer has all necessary licenses.
- Accompany you to the Title Deed Office in order to sign the purchase and sale deed.
- Change the property title in the Cadastral office.
- Process Client stamp duty tax on your behalf.
- Getting the documents translated and notarized.
- Applying for the Turkish Tax Id Number.
- Assistance for opening a bank account in Turkey.
Property Management Services
After we completed your property purchase, we can provide below services;
- Registering your property with local Municipality to pay annual Environmental and Garbage Collection Tax.
- Arrange a real estate agent to list your property to lease.
- To sign a lease contract with your tenant.
- To make sure if the tenant is paying rent on time.
- If the tenant is not paying rent on time, we will send him/her a warning letter.
- If it is needed, we can file a law suit to evict the tenant.
- To observe if the tenant is paying monthly dues to the management.
Buying an off Plan Property
Getting an off plan property will might cause problems, we have seen similar cases with the builder not finish the property etc. If you want to make yourself more secure, we suggest you to get the sales contract notarized, but some notaries don’t do this for unfinished projects for foreign buyers. Legally, a contract is signed with the builder without notarization is not valid. Meaning that you will only get back your money plus interest, if the builder doesn’t want to convey the ownership. You can only ask for your money, if the developer goes bankrupt then you are out of luck.
Sometimes builders don’t want to convey the ownership once the property is finished. Because, the value of the flat will be more than the sale amount. Simply they say “pay additional money or we will give your money back”. They use buyers’ money and after that they want to get rid of them. Penalty clauses are not valid as well. You only get your money plus interest and you will bear your attorney cost.
- Verify the municipality licenses for the project
- Sign off sale-purchase agreement, which has the necessary clauses to protect your rights and an obligation by the developer to ensure we get the title deed. It should also be standard and suitable as per the requirement of the Turkish courts if necessary.
- Ensure no charges are on the apartment (though it is off-plan, however the financing plans could have bear various liabilities)
Reach us for Property Purchase in Turkey
Since its foundation in 1992, Legalixa Turkish Law Firm has been the choice of numerous clients in Istanbul, Turkey. Thanks to its nationally recognized Turkish real estate law practice, our firm is now one of the leading real estate law firms in Istanbul, Turkey. You may reach our Turkish real estate lawyers for property purchase in Turkey by sending an email or through Contact page.